Desert Harvest has long recognized our responsibility to safeguard the privacy, confidentiality, and security of the customer and client information entrusted to us. We do this because it is good business practice and because we care.
• How We Handle Personal Information Collected
• How We Protect Your Information
• Fraud Protection Program
• How We Use Your Personal Information
• Who Views Your Personal Information
• Children Under 13
• How to Change Your Customer Information
• Questions About This Policy
How We Handle Personal Information Collected
Depending on how you use our website, we may ask you to share personal information with us. You may choose not to provide us with certain information, but keep in mind that if you choose to withhold information, you may not be able to use all of our services. If you feel uncomfortable buying through out website, we would be delighted to take your order by telephone. Simply call our toll free line at 1-800-222-3901. You may also order via fax by printing an order form and faxing it to 1-719-598-8918 or mailing it to the address at the bottom of this page.
Desert Harvest collects personal information in several ways, including:
1. When you become a registered user. In order to register, you need to share some personal information, such as your name and email address. You do not have to be a registered user to visit our web pages. But, you have to register if you want to make full use of our services.
2. When you make a purchase. When you buy something from Desert Harvest, you have to supply a billing address, phone number, shipping address, and credit card information. You can choose to register with us and store information needed to make a purchase, such as your credit card number and shipping/billing addresses, in the My Account page. If you change your mind about storing this information, you can amend or delete it by going to the relevant area of the My Account page and following the instructions. You can access this section using your registration password.
3. When you answer a questionnaire. Participation in our IC/PBS questionnaire is completely voluntary and it can be taken anonymously. We do ask for very personal medical information and demographic information, such as age and gender. We are aware of the sensitivity of this information and guard the data with passwords, firewalls, and limited access only to research personnel. The information obtained is strictly for our use, and your name and contact information will never be associated with the data.
How We Protect Your Information
We realize that our customers trust us to protect their personal information, and we take that responsibility seriously. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. For example,
4. We use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) authentication to guarantee the confidentiality of online transactions made on our site. SSL authentication and encryption of the information that you send to us over the Internet help protect your online transaction information from third-party interception. You can view our security certificate directly on any shopping cart page by right clicking your mouse, selecting "Properties" and then "Certificates".
5. We never display your full credit card number once it has been entered. We will only reveal the last four digits of your credit card for verification purposes.
6. We urge you to protect your own privacy. We recommend that you do not share your password with anyone, especially in an unsolicited phone call or email.
As with all Internet use and despite all our efforts, there is always a small risk that third parties may unlawfully intercept transmissions. As a result, we cannot guarantee with 100% accuracy the security of any information you transmit.
Fraud Protection Program
As part of our order processing procedures, we screen all received orders for fraud or other types of unauthorized or illegal activity. We reserve the right to refuse to process an order due to suspected fraud or unauthorized or illegal activity. If such is the case, we may reject your order or a Customer Service agent may call you at the phone number you provided to confirm your order. We also reserve the right to cancel any accounts or refuse to ship to certain addresses due to suspected fraud or unauthorized or illegal activity. We take these measures to protect our customers as well as ourselves from fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Desert Harvest collects personal information primarily to make our services more rewarding for you to use. We generally use this information for internal purposes only, such as studying the preferences of our customers. We may also use your information to contact you about problems with an order, to check in with you to see how you are feeling, or for promotional purposes, like postcards, newsletters, and notifications of special offers. You may choose to opt out of receiving these promotional notifications at any time by selecting that option under "My Account".
Who Views Your Personal Information
Desert Harvest never, ever sells, rents, or licenses your personal information to third parties. That has been our policy since we opened in 1993.
Your personal information is accessible only by select, trusted Desert Harvest employees who use the information only to process orders and provide customer service to you. They have access to personal information needed to perform their jobs but may not disclose your personally identifiable information for other purposes. That's it. No one else will ever see your personal information, unless disclosure is required by law.
Children Under 18
Children under 18 cannot make a purchase from this website and cannot be registered users. Our site is not designed for children, and this policy is designed to protect children. Federal law requires us to take special steps to safeguard children's privacy. If a child under 18 registers on our website, we will delete the registration and send you a message. If you are under 18 and want to make a purchase, please ask a parent or guardian to place the order for you.
How to Change Your Customer Information
If you are a registered user of our site, you can correct or update personal information in the My Account area of the site.
are not a registered user, please contact us by calling toll
free 1-800-222-3901 or emailing us at help
Questions About This Policy
or practices of this website, you can contact us directly
at the address at the bottom of this page or by emailing us
This policy was last updated in September 2007.
© Desert Harvest 1993-2017. All Rights Reserved.Desert Harvest does not make any health claims regarding any of its products. Even though we are committed to scientific research, we are not healthcare professionals. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. As with any good health measures, it is important for an individual to be under the routine care of a physician and to follow the directions of qualified healthcare professionals. The suggestions, statements, and products on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.