Desert Harvest has long recognized our responsibility to safeguard the privacy, confidentiality, and security of the customer and client information entrusted to us. We do this because it is good business practice and because we care.
How We Handle Personal Information Collected
Depending on how you use our website, we may ask you to share personal information with us. You may choose not to provide us with certain information, but keep in mind that if you choose to withhold information, you may not be able to use all of our services. If you feel uncomfortable buying through out website, we would be delighted to take your order by telephone. Simply call our toll free line at 1-800-222-3901 or 919-245-1853 or by email at email@example.com or mailing it to the address at the bottom of this page. We also have a Desert Harvest store available on Amazon
Desert Harvest collects personal information in several ways, including:
1. When you become a registered user.
In order to register, you need to share some personal information, such as your name and email address. You do not have to be a registered user to visit our web pages. But, you have to register if you want to make full use of our services.
2. When you make a purchase.
When you buy something from Desert Harvest, you may have to supply a billing address, phone number, shipping address, and credit card information. You can choose to register with us and store information needed to make a purchase, such as your credit card number and shipping/billing addresses in My Account page. If you change your mind about storing this information, you can amend or delete it by going to the relevant area of the My Account page and following the instructions. You can access this section using your registration password.
You may also check-out using PayPal and/or Pay with Amazon. Both are secure ways to use your secure password protected stored data.
3. When you answer a questionnaire.
Participation in our IC/PBS questionnaire is completely voluntary and can be taken anonymously. We do ask for very personal medical information and demographic information, such as age and gender. We are aware of the sensitivity of this information and guard the data with passwords, firewalls, and limited access only to research personnel. The information obtained is strictly for our use, and your name and contact information will never be associated with the data.
4. Other Information We May Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as:
- Browser and device information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information disclosed by you that does not reveal your specific identity
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity
How We Collect Other Information
We and our service providers collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
We do not respond to browser do-not-track signals at this time.
Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
How We Protect Your Information
We realize that our customers trust us to protect their personal information, and we take that responsibility seriously. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information.
1. We use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) authentication to guarantee the confidentiality of online transactions made on our site. SSL authentication and encryption of the information that you send to us over the Internet help protect your online transaction information from third-party interception. You can view our security certificate directly on any shopping cart page by right clicking your mouse, selecting "Properties" and then "Certificates".
2. We never display your full credit card number once it has been entered. We will only reveal the last four digits of your credit card for verification purposes.
3. We urge you to protect your own privacy. We recommend that you do not share your password with anyone, especially in an unsolicited phone call or email.
As with all Internet use and despite all our efforts, there is always a small risk that third parties may unlawfully intercept transmissions. As a result, we cannot guarantee with 100% accuracy the security of any information you transmit.
Jurisdiction & Cross-Border Transfer
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and, by using the Services, you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
If you are located in the EEA: Some of the non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en. For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission] to protect your Personal Information.
Fraud Protection Program
As part of our order processing procedures, we screen all received orders for fraud or other types of unauthorized or illegal activity. We reserve the right to refuse to process an order due to suspected fraud or unauthorized or illegal activity. If such is the case, we may reject your order or a Customer Service agent may call you at the phone number you provided to confirm your order. We also reserve the right to cancel any accounts or refuse to ship to certain addresses due to suspected fraud or unauthorized or illegal activity. We take these measures to protect our customers as well as ourselves from fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Desert Harvest collects personal information primarily to make our services more rewarding for you to use. We generally use this information for internal purposes only, such as studying the preferences of our customers. We may also use your information to contact you about problems with an order or for promotional purposes, like emails, postcards, catalogs, newsletters, and notifications of special offers. You may choose to opt out of receiving these promotional notifications at any time by selecting that option under "My Account".
Who Views Your Personal Information
Desert Harvest never, ever sells, rents, or licenses your personal information to third parties. That has been our policy since we opened in 1993.Your personal information is accessible only by select, trusted Desert Harvest employees who use the information only to process orders and provide customer service to you. They have access to personal information needed to perform their jobs but may not disclose your personally identifiable information for other purposes. That's it. No one else will ever see your personal information, unless disclosure is required by law.
Children Under 18 cannot make a purchase from this website and cannot be registered users. Our site is not designed for children, and this policy is designed to protect children. Federal law requires us to take special steps to safeguard children's privacy. If a child under 18 registers on our website, we will delete the registration and send you a message. If you are under 18 and want to make a purchase, please ask a parent or guardian to place the order for you.
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
How to Change Your Customer Information
If you are a registered user of our site, you can correct or update personal information in My Account.
If you are not a registered user, please contact us by calling toll free 1-800-222-3901 or 919-245-1853 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions About This Policy
This policy was last updated in July 2018.